5 Best Window Treatments For Patio Doors
Posted by Canglow
The sun is shining, spring is set to debut any day now and you’re looking at that patio with hopes of new memories come summer. Alas, the eyesore in between is that dingy patio door. The option is of course to renovate and opt for patio doors replacement, but in the meantime why not dress it to the nines with one of these treatment options!
- California Shutters If you are looking for simple elegance, with clean lines and a modern look--California shutters could be right for you. They can be fit over existing doors with sliding options to work in your space. An easy way to let light in, or shut it out in when you want privacy or less glare. Choose from a range of colour options and styles that will make your house feel more like home!
- Vertical Blinds Once thought to be the only option for dressing your patio doors, vertical blinds are still a steady standby. They are easy to fit and work to block light and heat in the summer, but open easily to allow for the sun to warm through in the winter months. The possibilities are endless when it comes to choosing a colour, fabric, style, and even texture. There are reasons these affordable and customizable blinds have remained a steadfast option.
- Cellular Shades Also known as honeycomb shades, cellular shades are another versatile, affordable, and modern approach to patio door treatment. Their unique shape helps to keep drafts from entering and keeps the home’s internal temperature well balanced. Shoppers can choose from bright whites to open up small spaces, bold colours to pack some punch, or even blackout blinds for nurseries or entertainment rooms.
- Privacy Sheers If you’re simply looking for a window or door dressing to increase the privacy of your space with little investment or installment, why not opt for a sheer? The options for these lightweight sheer panels are virtually endless and can add to your decor while keeping the outside world, well, outside!
- Drapes Another traditional option are drapes. Choose from a range of opaque fabrics, textures, and styles to help dress your windows without the patio doors replacement.