5 Reasons To Get A Patio Door This Summer
Posted by Canglow
If you have a regular door leading to your backyard, you should consider upgrading it with a modern patio door replacement that offers expansive views, provides natural light, optimizes ventilation, and adds style and beauty to your home’s interior and exterior. Getting a patio door can dramatically impact your enjoyment of your home. From improved security features to better access to your outdoor space, here are five reasons to get a patio door sooner rather than later.
- Added Security There are different types of patio doors, including Tilt & Slide doors that feature a steel-reinforced frame, as well as a multi-point locking system to secure your door at several points around the frame with a single turn of the handle. With enhanced security, you can have peace of mind when sleeping at night or while away on your summer vacation.
- Easy Outdoor Access During summer, your outdoor space becomes a valuable extension of your house, where you spend most of the day and host your guests. Installing a quality patio door can provide easy access to your deck, patio and backyard, effectively connecting the interior and exterior.
- Boost Natural Lighting You can install custom patio doors with a large glass surface area to let in as much natural light as you want. Sunlight brightens your interior space; highlights the colors, design elements, and furnishings; and makes the mood livelier. Moreover, the large, unobstructed view of your yard makes the space appear larger than it is.
- Lower Energy Costs Patio doors, with their large glass surfaces, can help to reduce your heating and cooling bills year round. With new glass technologies, such as gas fills, low-E coatings, and spacer systems, modern patio doors offer outstanding thermal performance to keep your home cooler during hot days and warmer during the cold days. Just remember to choose Energy Star certified products to maximize your comfort and energy savings.
- Superior Customization Whether you choose swinging patio doors for their classic look, or sliding doors to save on space, you can customise every detail of your door to match your home’s design. From decorative hardware and custom colours for additional beauty, to tempered glass options for extra security, to blinds fitted between the glass for privacy without the hassle of maintaining window treatments, patio doors offer unmatched flexibility to make the investment worthwhile.