5 Under-Appreciated Benefits Of Energy Efficient Windows
Posted by Canglow
If you're thinking about changing your windows, there are several reasons why you should seriously consider getting energy efficient windows.
Some of the benefits are more commonly known than others. For instance, it’s widely understood that energy efficient windows can help you save on the cost of your heating and cooling utility bills. That is certainly true, but there are other lesser known benefits that should also factor into your purchasing decisions. This article looks at five under-appreciated benefits of energy efficient windows. When you’ve looked at all of these benefits, you may just be interested in considering an upgrade on some or perhaps all of your windows.
- Minimal Condensation You can get energy efficient windows with glass that is safeguarded by a metal layer that helps to lower condensation levels. Without this feature, you may end up with lots of condensation between the glass panes or along the outside of the window, which may then turn to frost. And windows that are frosted over will make your rooms chillier, which is not exactly what you’re gunning for in the winter.
- More Comfortable Getting energy efficient windows installed will lead to improved comfort since these types of windows are manufactured to prevent drafts. You’ll definitely appreciate this benefit during the fall and winter seasons when the temperature can go from nippy to bone-chilling.
- Reduced HVAC Fees Energy efficient windows, which will safeguard your home against drafts and leaks, will also help you by lessening peak loads. This will permit you to acquire smaller cooling and heating equipment than would otherwise be required. So you’ll save on the cost of the equipment and on the cost of heating and cooling.
- More Light With energy efficient windows, you won't need tinting in the way that you might if you buy regular windows. With zero tinting, your windows will let in more light, which is a good bonus during the sometimes dreary winter-weather months.
- Protect Furniture You might be surprised to know how the sun's rays can do a number on your furniture. When you install energy efficient windows, you'll be able to kiss sun-faded furniture goodbye since energy efficient windows come with a special coating that can lessen harmful UV rays by as much as 75%.