Benefits of Casement Windows
- Casement Windows
Windows are an important part of every home, irrespective of the size of the house. There several styles, designs, finishes and sizes to choose from when it comes to selecting windows for your home in Edmonton, Canada. Here we talk about bay and bow windows, a popular option for home owners who are looking to add that extra shot of class and style to their homes. It does not matter whether you are replacing a window or installing a new one, the sky is the limit when it comes to fueling your creativity for bow and bay windows. However before you set your mind upon beautifying your home with these classy windows, it is important that you know the difference between the two. Gaining this knowledge will help you decide which is more suitable for your home.
- These are three or more large glass panes that are installed at an angle projecting outwards. They extend from the exterior of the house at a certain degree.
- Since they are less curved at simple angles they offer an unobstructed view of the exterior locale.
- Bay windows belong to the Victoria age and architecture that lends it incredible grandeur and style. This feature makes them ideal for Victorian style of houses and mansion. But manufacturers nowadays have adapted these windows making them suitable for modern homes.
- These windows are fixed and cannot be opened for ventilation or air passage. However, they do let in ample light owing to its large size.
- They are either casement or double hung windows with a large center fixed window and two smaller ones on either side that have the option being open or fixed.
Bow windows are casement windows installed in a gradual curved shape and do not require any extra structural changes as in case of Bay windows.
These windows allow more natural light to flCasement windows are a popular choice with most home owners owing to several advantages it has as compared to its counterparts. These windows are large and open up completely either inward or outward with the help of hinges that are fitted to the sides vertically. They can be installed as a standalone window or be a part of bay and bow windows or can be installed in a pair, entirely depending upon where they are being fitted. They can be fitted at any place in a home but work best for areas that need ample ventilation and natural light. We discuss some benefits of casement windows here:
Ease of operation
What is a casement window. Casement window can be easily maneuvered with the help of either latches, handles or cranks that are fitted at hand heights. They have glass panes fitted on vinyl or aluminum frames and are snugly fit. They can also have automatic locks or openers for safety and security.
Casement windows allow abundant ventilation since they can be fully opened. They are attached on hinges only on one side letting the window wide open from top, bottom and one side. This is especially helpful in areas like kitchens, toilets, attics, etc. where more ventilation and natural light are needed. This is also very beneficial in summer months where inflow of fresh air is much needed.
These windows are very energy efficient and they prevent exchange of air, assisting in maintaining indoor temperatures irrespective of outdoor climatic conditions. These windows can be used to create an air tight space as the window sashes press against the frame tightly creating a seal when closed.
These windows are an economical and affordable option for most home owners. One can buy and install such windows even on a tight budget without compromising on aesthetics or functionality.
Casement windows have unique locks that are embedded in the frame itself making it impossible to tamper from outside. Multi point locking systems or automatic locks are also an option with these windows making a home more secure and safer.
Variety and designs
Casement windows come in a variety of designs and grille options aided with various features. They come in perfect fits, precise size and desired colors as most manufacturers offer customized versions. They have glass panes that come with frames made of either vinyl or aluminum. One can also choose accessories like sashes, cranks or handles, grilles etc. for enhanced aesthetic appeal.
Fully open window
Casement windows can be opened fully as compared to others. No other window can be swung open as much as these irrespective of whether it is a standalone window or anything else.
With so many positives, casement windows are a well-liked choice for most home owners across Canada.ood the interiors of a home as compared to Bay windows owing to the multiple glass panes.
Difference between a bow and bay window. Bow windows can be opened or fixed depending upon the needs and requirements of home-owners. If you wish to be able to open them, then you probably have to opt for customized fabricated versions.
These are at least four or more windows and exterior view is a little obstructed as compared to Bay windows.
Advantages of Bay and Bow Windows
- Ideal for living rooms, these can also be installed in bedrooms, if you prefer natural light in your home. This can be attributed to their enormous sizes and curved shapes.
- These add immense value in terms of style, luxury and class to a home.
- They give the home an airy and spacious look. If you opt for the open versions, you can also expect ample ventilation in your home.
- Allow abundant view of beautiful exteriors from inside the house.
- They are also built with seats and storage, for residents of the house, especially children and pets to sit there and enjoy breathtaking exterior scenic view. Or simply sit with a book and enjoy the sunshine on bright sunny days! However, the cost of construction largely depends on the type of material you choose for the frames.
- They are extremely energy efficient making a room air and water tight.
- They add to the monetary value of your home as they take the visual appeal of your home several notches higher and also add to the square footage of your home.
- They are affordable and low maintenance. Manufacturers often customize these windows to meet the budgetary and aesthetic requirements of home owners. Also they can make to fit any size opening.