How To Dress Up Your Door For Spring
- Door Trends
- May 2, 2016
The changing of seasons is the perfect time to alter your decor and get excited for all that comes with winter, spring, summer and fall. When it comes to decorating, your front door is a great place to start. It’s the first thing you will see upon returning home at the end of the day and the new decor will brighten your day. It adds instant curb appeal and also creates a welcoming entryway when guests come over. Passersby will surely take notice, too.
Spring is about the start of something new, when we say goodbye to the dark days of winter and celebrate growth. When it comes to changing your decor for spring, it makes sense to bring nature into your decor – flowers, twigs – you can’t go wrong. Here are some spring decor ideas for your door.
- Wreath Made out of Nature. Take the warm, spring weather as an opportunity to walk through the woods and gather some grapevine or pussy willows to fasten into a wreath. This is great for homes that have a rustic look or have a country chic feel to them. You won’t even have to pull out your wallet for this one.
- Repurpose a Watering Can. Nothing is more thematically appropriate for spring than a watering can. Repurpose a watering can and transform it into a planter. Fill it with all of your favourite spring blooms. This is another great option for those who like a rustic look.
- Egg Themed Wreath. This is a more outward ode to Easter. The bright colour of the eggs add fun and a pop of colour to your door to really liven it up. Simply take some plastic eggs and cover them in tape or fabric. Screw a hole at the bottom of the plastic egg and stick them on some wire. Add a colourful bow at the top of the wreath.
- Easter Egg Planter. This is another fun way to celebrate Easter and spring. Simply take an easter egg basket (choose one with a flat back) and turn it into a planter. Consider adding grass as your base. This is a great way to add a lot of colour to your door. You can add little details to it, like hatched eggs or even use a hot glue gun to fasten painted eggs to the front of the planter. This is also makes an eggcellent craft idea for kids.
- Hanging Easter Eggs. Get yourself some rope or wire and use a hot glue gun to fasten plastic eggs (or painted ones) down the rope. You can create strings of eggs that extend down your door.
Consider sprucing up your home’s exterior with a new front door just in time for spring. Contact our team at Canglow Windows and Doors today.