With children in the home, our windows are especially prone to getting dirty. Crayon wax is just one of many culprits – but how do you remove it? Don’t worry: removing crayon wax is quite simple to do. In fact, it only involves a couple of products that you likely already have in your home. Here is how to go about getting your windows looking sparkly clean again.
What You Will Need:
- WD-40 (or any other water-displacing spray). Alternatively, you could also use dish detergent or vinegar, but a little more scrubbing will be involved.
- 2 Cloths
- Liquid Dish Soap
- 1 Bowl
How To Get Crayon Wax Off Windows:
- Spray your WD-40 onto a soft cloth.
- Rub the cloth over the crayon wax until the wax is gone.
- Mix one teaspoon of dish soap and one cup of warm water together in a bowl.
- Dip your second cloth into the dish soap and water mixture and then use it to clean off the WD-40.
- Clean your windows as you normally would (for example, with window cleaner or vinegar) to finish the task.
How to Get Crayon Wax Off Screen Windows:
To get crayon wax off of screen windows, simply spray your screen with WD-40. There is no scrubbing involved.
When using WD-40, it is essential that you make sure you have proper ventilation when using this product by opening up the windows in your home. Also ensure that you never spray WD40 onto a hot surface.
How To Keep Windows Looking Great for Longer
Always Clean Your Window Frames and Screens
Don’t forget to clean your window frames and screens when you are cleaning the glass. This will ensure that your windows stay cleaner for longer.
Apply Floor Wax to your Window Sills
Applying floor wax to your window sills will stop them from accumulating so much dirt and grime so quickly. Because of the elements, a lot of dirt can quickly collect on window sills and spread to the glass. To avoid this, simply apply a coat of floor wax to protect it.
Change Your Heating and Cooling System’s Filters
If your windows get dirty quickly, it may be time to change your heating and cooling system’s filters.
If you are looking to update your windows, consider Canglow Windows and Doors. We are a Canadian, family-run business with in-house manufacturing, meaning that every window can be customizable. Our windows are 100 per cent lead-free uPVC, which will save both trees and your health. We also offer expert installation each and every time. Contact us today for a free estimate.