Tips To Increase Your Home’s Resale Value
Posted by Canglow
Naturally you want to give your home the best possible look before it goes onto the market. Here are some tips you should keep in mind when preparing your home for resale:
- Conduct All Necessary Repairs Completing all outstanding repairs is one of the most basic things you can do when preparing your home for the market. There is no point in focusing on aesthetics when you haven’t done the essentials. If there is a leaking roof or issues with the plumbing then your resources should go towards these before anything else is done.
- Spice Up The Kitchen You can replace the kitchen sink and replace the doors. If the stove needs to be replaced, you can do that as well. You can also introduce energy efficient lighting and replace some of the appliances like the dishwasher.
- Brighten Your Bathroom Assuming you’ve already done the essential repairs, you can do small additional things like replacing the toilet seat and sink. If the floor is old, coat it with vinyl tiles or sheet. As for the shower, you can install a fabricated tub or shower surround.
- Add a Bedroom If there is a den (extra room) in your home then you can install a closet and turn it into a bedroom. An additional bedroom will dramatically raise the value of your home.
- Clean Your Carpet Professional carpet cleaning can greatly enhance the look of your home. Unless it is in a truly precarious state, replacing it usually isn’t necessary.
- Replace Your Windows And Doors You can replace your windows with more energy efficient ones. The prospect of saving money will always appeal to buyers and it will also be beneficial in the selling process. New windows will also help to give a first impression to potential buyers. You can also try to enhance the looks of your door or just replace it. Attractive, solid doors send strong, positive signals to your buyers that your home is ready for sale! Overall your home should be attractive, in good condition, and energy efficient. The owner will have a good first impression and not have any regrets later on. Refurbishing your home does not have to be an expensive endeavour and it will be beneficial to both you and the eventual buyer of your home. Even if you decide to keep it, you will save money and be able to enjoy the new look of your home.